Old September 17th 16, 02:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default OUDIE

Easy way to solve that is to configure XCSosar to use the reverse screen orientation, which essentially makes the display turn upside down. Presto - the 30 pin cable in now pointing to the outside of the cockpit and away from knees, hands, etc.

RS

On Saturday, September 17, 2016 at 7:53:44 AM UTC-5, HGXC wrote:
On Friday, September 16, 2016 at 11:00:14 AM UTC-4, Matt Johnston wrote:
Sorry to hijack slightly but to those of you who own an Oudie would
you recommend it? I'm looking to buy one early next year as I need a
navigation unit that I can easily transfer between gliders.

Yes I would. I have one and like it very much. Its provides me with all the info I need, allows me to customize my screen and is very durable.

I first tried the Dell streak/XC soar but the streak is very vulnerable to breaking with that crazy 32 pin plug right at your knee.

Dennis