Old September 18th 16, 03:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default OUDIE

Le mardi 13 septembre 2016 11:08:24 UTC-4, a écritÂ*:
Hi
The thermal-assistant in my Oudie 2 is very helpfull when thermals are weak and
disorganize. Now my Oudie 2 is not connected to my vario. But it could.
My question is would it make a difference on the thermal-assistant if I connect
the Oudie to my smart vario?
For the purist out there I know all the other information I am not getting by
not connecting the two instrument.

Thank you
Gilles

Hi Dan
I am aware of the possible solution.
I bought my CNvario before CN decided to support the digital version.
All I need is a connection to my Oudie. What the Oudie provide is good enough for me. I am looking to improve the thermal assistant.
The X/C version offer many feature like a approved logger ...etc.
I do not need a 3rd logger. Adding a digital is a solution, and now I have 3 of everything not considering the invesment in $$$.
My enthousiasm to support CN early is playing againts me.
A message to CN made it clear not to expect anything for the analog display owner.
Good wave in Lake Placid
Regards
Gilles