Old September 9th 04, 08:05 PM
Steve R.

"Jim Carriere" wrote in message
helicopterandy wrote:
throttle would come in handy"... Let me assure you of one thing above
all else, YOU NEVER roll off the throttle unless the collective is in
a full down position. EVER.

Hmmm! I have my H-57 (Bell Jetranger) NATOPS manual in front of me.
Emergency procedures, Complete loss of tail rotor thrust, step 1: "Twist
grip - Close"

Never say never. Ever.

Well, I agree he may have come across a little sharp on the "never" part and
you make a good point on the "never say never" point. I try to live by that
one but sometimes I slip a little. ;-)

Having said that, what does your H-57 manual say you'd better be doing very
shortly "after" closing the twist grip? If it doesn't say something about
lowering the collective, I'm not sure I'd trust much else it says. :-o :-D

Fly Safe,
Steve R.