Old December 11th 04, 01:43 AM
Mike Rapoport

"Peter" wrote in message

"Mike Rapoport" wrote

Yes, but the temperature of the airframe will be different depending of
whether it is flying through +1C air or +1C air loaded with -10C droplets.

How is that possible? Surely if the SAT is +1C then everything hanging
in the air will also be +1C.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant that in a case where TAT was 1C you could
still get icing because SAT could be low enough (well below 0C) that the
water droplets are cold enough to cool the airframe below 0C and still be
supercooled themselves.

I looked at the Shadin website but there is no useful information, and
they have removed the detailed manual.

Did you find where it lists the information that the ADC 200 outputs? Total
Air Temperature is not one of them.

Mike
MU-2