Old February 20th 07, 12:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Viperdoc[_4_]

Default Garmin 430W/530W first impressions

Thanks for the info. We flew back on a CAVU day, so there wasn't any weather
or lightning around. Reading the book alone it looked like we needed to go
to the map page only or the weather page to see the other info (530W). Since
my buddy and I keep the display on the default nav page most of the time,
this is great to have it all simultaneously.

However, as I recall the main nav page on a 430 is the map page, while the
530 has a FMS type view, which is different, so perhaps the weather won't
show up on the 530W on the default main page. Have you seen the info on a
530W?