Old February 16th 08, 12:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
tommytoyz

Default Soaring Safety

I remember reading an article, I thought it was Henry Combs, but not
sure, about a technique of rolling inverted deliberately and moving
away from the mountain inverted, when encountering such a gust.

It made sense to me, if you roll authority is less than the strength
of the gust, then don't fight it and even reverse input and let
yourself go inverted. You can then turn away inverted, or at least not
into the mountain. Sounds like a Judo move to me.

Does anyone remember this article or concur with this technique?