Old November 20th 08, 07:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tuno

Default Beginner, Parachutes?

Regardless of what kind of flight I'm taking in a glider of any type,
I feel naked and insecure without a parachute on. This is based on the
reports of inflight collisions I've read (e.g. the Hawker/ASG29 near
Minden), and my own experience as a rookie x/c pilot when I carelessly
got sucked into a CU. Fortunately I didn't break the glider but like
Andy's experience at that first turnpoint, it left a lasting
impression.

~ted/2NO

ps full disclosure -- I'm also biased by a previous life as a
skydiver; jumpers are nervous getting in any small aircraft without a
rig on.