Old November 24th 08, 04:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Canadian Pilot wants U.S. Certificate

Have you tried a different FSDO? I know that all FSDOs should give you
the same answer, but a lot of times you well get very different
anal inspector. I cannot figure out why they wouldn't just give you
the lower rating it it isn't completely clear.

Unfortunately, Rochester FSDO is where I would end up -- I live just
outside of Toronto, so Rochester is the closest place for me to go
(about 4 or so hours to drive).

I think I'll send the paperwork to the FAA in (Oklahoma?) and see what
happens, at most, it'll cost me a stamp... I'm not going to Florida
until August, so a few months of processing won't matter to me.

I've also contacted Knut at Seminole about this situation to see what
he recommends (since it'll be his planes that I fly).

Thanks, all.
John