Old January 14th 06, 06:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,ne.weather,rec.aviation.misc,rec.aviation.products

Default Does Albert Puskas (AME) know that Bashir Salamati (pilot) outwardly encourages people to lie about their medical problems?

Here's waht Bushy Salami posted:

Post subject: Bad medical examiner postcript

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 09:31:19 +0000, Charlie+ wrote:

:
:You see, the way things work is, It's OK to fly if you have a problem
like
:ADD (or depression, or ...) as long as you don't know (or admit) it.
But no
:matter how well you flew without knowing about the problem, once you
address
:the problem and take steps that would make you a BETTER, SAFER pilot,
NOW
:you have to stop.
:
:Explain how that makes sense.

My AME is a wonderful, wonderful man named Albert Puskas. He's also a
lawyer, and he's the AME that helped Bob Hoover get his medical back.
He told me a story a while ago that made my hair go straight.

He had a patient who had a commercial multi IFR but was not working as
a pilot. One day he had chest pains and went to the hospital. They
did basic tests, gave him an anti-acid and told him he was fine, but
sent him for a stress echo cardiogram and a contrast cardiac CT. They
came back negative - he really was fine.

So the next time the pilot's medical came up he answered all the
questions truthfully - after all, he KNEW there was nothing wrong with
his heart. He attached the test results and everything went to FAA.

FAA turned him down because of his "heart condition"

That's when the guy came to Puskas. Puskas tried for MONTHS to get a
straight answer. Finally he went to a medical convention, and he knew
that the regional flight surgeon was going to be there, so he took the
guy's file. Buttonholed him at the reception, laid out the file in
front of him. The flight surgeon apologized and the guy had his
medical certificate 3 days later.

Never, never, never admit anything to an AME. Never. Ever. Even if
you are having a stroke in his office.