Old September 17th 06, 11:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
wesley marceaux

Default 2CSI engine vs Rotax

I noticed you did not say you were still flying behind yours..keeping one
in the closet and on an airplane is different.have lots of useless junk in
my closet too.
wrote in message
oups.com...

chuck wrote:
I guess what you're saying is that it is worthless, huh? Too bad.
I was looking to buy a Challenger with the 70 H.P. version.

I have had a lot of experience with the 690L70. It made terrific low
and mid range power and was fuel efficient. It drastically out
performed anything rated close to 70 hp. All their water cooled engines
have lots of common parts whether they are labelled aircraft related or
not.
I had a number of issues with the ignition system. It by nature
needs a high cranking speed to start. It cannot be rope cranked.
If that were fixed I would use nothing else. It made about 55-60 hp
at 4500 rpm. I still have mine.

"Juan Jimenez" wrote in message
.. .
Not only that, 2SI no longer makes or supports their aviation engine
product line.

clare at snyder.on.ca wrote in message
news On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 15:15:09 -0500, "chuck"
wrote:

Anybody have any opinions as to the various strengths and weaknesses
of
each?

You mean 2si? Formerly Cayuna?

You're joking, I hope. The 2SI is legendary - and not in any sort of
GOOD way!!