Old January 30th 05, 04:41 PM
UltraJohn

curse but the blasted PW-60 #!@! (
http://store.ituner.com/ituner/pw60caatxpos.html ) power supply was the
primary culprit. It is a switching power supply with evidently all
the wrong harmonics. I am trying to find another DC-DC power supply
without these issues, they all appear to be switching power supplies, I
would rather deal with energy/heat loss than RF noise.

The 110v power supplies used in desktop computers are also switching
supplies. So the problem is the cheapness of the 12v unit you selected.
I'd try another make unit and see if that works if not try putting the power
supply in its own shielded case and shielding and ferrite beading the
input/output leads from it.
Good luck and let us know what you workout!
John