Old February 2nd 07, 05:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Robert M. Gary

Default IFR Checkride WX Questions

On Feb 1, 8:41 pm, "kevmor" wrote:
So my IR checkride is approaching, and the thing I'm the most sketchy
on I think is the weather charts. I'm fine with TAF, METAR, and other
textual, but I guess it's because I can't find all the exact same
graphics on DUATS/DUAT that they use on the FAA exam (prognostic
charts, etc). Even DUAT/DUATS show things slightly differently. How
much is this going to be asked about on the checkride? Should I know
every possible symbol for all those charts, or is getting a general
idea and then calling 800-WX-BRIEF good enough?

For your checkride, your DE will likely require you to show him the
"classic" charts. Radar Summary, Surface Analysis, Constant Pressure,
Weather Depiction). Since pilots only use these charts on checkrides,
there are somewhat hidden on aviationweather.gov. Try
http://aviationweather.gov/std_brief/

-Robert, CFII