Old April 20th 07, 11:55 PM
mart mart is offline
Junior Member

I read the report on the DG website and it all looks very nice except the last words; end of discussion. That rubs me the wrong way.
As far as I know this is not a warranty issue but a building mistake and I think you stay liable for that, no time expire.
It seems to me that some business will have an insurance to cover the loss for the pilots.
I was at the Elan factory a number of years ago. They were building there the very first DG 1000. So there was defenitely a close business contact.
If DG would have to pay they might go bankrupt.Due the previous bankrupty they might not be liable anyway.
But Elan is a very big ski-factory. The gliders were made on the same terrain,behind the same fence. After seeing the gliders build I saw them build ski's by the 1000's. There is money there to compensate or fix the gliders.
I think all the 300/303 pilots should put $100 in an account and have somebody find out who is liable.