Old July 11th 07, 09:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
karl gruber[_1_]

Default flaps

Maybe not, you don't have to USE them..........but they must be operable.

Karl

"Al G" wrote in message

"Hilton" wrote in message
t...
Al G wrote:
Never the less, it is left to me to decide,
and for a 172 I stand by my statement, even to a FSDO.

It is up to you to decide *while adhering to the FARs*, I think you're
missing that point.

Hilton

(b) The pilot in command of a civil aircraft is responsible for
determining whether that aircraft is in condition for safe flight. The
pilot in command shall discontinue the flight when unairworthy
mechanical, electrical, or structural conditions occur

Nothing in the "regs" says I have to use flaps in a C172.

Al G