Old January 27th 05, 04:59 AM
Roger

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 18:15:55 -0500, Matt Whiting
wrote:

Jay Honeck wrote:

I'm only 5' 2" and need 2" cushions to see over the cowling and to
reach the pedals in both high wings (150/152/172/177, Champ) and low
wing (Tiger). I don't recall ever losing sight of the runway turning
base to final either.

Interesting. When I fly a high wing, the runway always disappears in
turns. (I'm 6' tall.)

Where does the runway go when you are turning? :-) I've never come
across a runway that can disappear like that.

It hides behind the wing.

The only high wing I've flown where I could see the runway when
turning final was a Cardinal. OTOH it isn't going any place and I
know where it was and where it will appear so that really isn't a
problem.

Both High and low wing aircraft hive blind spots. The only time it
gets dicey is when each is in the other's blind spot.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Matt