Old January 7th 16, 01:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Which sustainer system would you chose for your sailplane?

That's too bad Renny - I am sure you know allot more about it than I do

But it would be so good and even if it was fairly expensive - I bet the market would be there. There are so many really odd looking light aircraft flying that look like there were built in a garage using hammers and a few nails........ to bad you can't just take a ASW20 and call in home built and just promise not to crash in the middle of a town - a guy can dream LOL

I know that at our club and talking to pilots progressing thru Solo to XC - the primary hurdle is landing is a place that is not an airport. and it seems these days that rather than being a way to meet new farmer friends, Land outs are just trespassing.

I have not experience the Sustainer vs self launch as much of a hurdle. That (in my limited discussions) usually has more to do with convenience - most pilots are fine getting towed or shot of a winch. But getting between airports, where you are selecting fields as the only option............ that spooks many.

For simplicity, reliability and (lower hour) pilot acceptance - FES is the future (I think)

Saving for my Discus FES

WH1