Old March 25th 04, 03:01 PM
Gig Giacona

If I decide to go IFR I would also add further backup for the Dynon. I
didn't mention but also in the VFR version I'd have a Nav/Com.

I guess my real questions should have been. Has anybody used the Dynon and
would you trust the "Panel" screen of the Garmin 196/296 to get you on the
ground at night VFR in case of emergency?

GigG

"Paul Lee" wrote in message
om...
I have one. Best bang for the buck. Haven't flown it yet, just got
my airworthiness. EFIS-D10 is neither VFR nor IFR, you need the functions
it has for flying anyway. I use Garmin 300XL, with NARCO

122D/GPS/VOR/LOC/GS
for IFR NAV. If you are watching the pennies, and thinking IFR,
why not get a IFR rated panel GPS and save the grand on G 196?

"Gig Giacona" wrote in message

I building a Zenith 601XL I'm wavering between a minimal IFR panel and a
nice VFR Cross Country panel. Setting the IFR panel aside for a moment

I'm
considering a Dynon EFIS-D10 and a Garmin 196/296. My thought is that in

VMC
the "panel" display on the Garmin could act as a back-up for the Dynon.

GigG

www.peoamerica.net/N601WR