Old March 10th 05, 04:41 AM
John A. Weeks III

In article ,
John Miller wrote:

But even if warehousing were the goal, putting them on an aircraft is,
if I may say so, a spectacularly bad way to do it. If you would only
reflect on it it a bit, you'd no doubt come to the same conclusion.

Actually, I thought the symbolism would be very powerful...using
the most powerful warship afloat to help fight the war on poverty
and homelessness. And of retasking billions of dollars of cold
war spending into a humanitarian project for the 21st century.

A had not intentions of simply "warehousing" people. Like
someone pointed out, there is a lot to running one of these
boats. That would give work to the residents to keep the
place operating. And the hangar deck is big enough to play
football on one end, soccer on the other end, and still have
room for a band and tennis court in the middle. The carriers
that I have toured have post offices, doctor's offices, a
dentist office, kitchens, shops, radio rooms, and all kinds
of stuff to keep people busy and making a contribution.

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708
Newave Communications
http://www.johnweeks.com