Old February 20th 18, 10:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Hoult

Default 2018 - AN EXCITING YEAR

On Tuesday, February 20, 2018 at 12:15:07 AM UTC+3, Jonathon May wrote:
At 20:26 19 February 2018, Dave Springford wrote:

"Slippery, difficult" is concept invented by old men taught in

primary
gliders. No student even understands what that mean if only thing

he/she
flies is Duo.

That still does not mean the student will be able to solo in a Duo

in the
same number of flights as they can in a K-21.

I have a Duo,and flown loads of pilots as guests,some loose it in
thermal turns with the speed and gee building.I always politely take
over very quickly.If I am in the duo its a personal glider and I am
not trying to instruct .But its a great ship and sadly for sale as my
partner wants to give up.

That happens with first timers in a Blanik too.

Where are you located?