Old February 4th 21, 05:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Hank Nixon

Default Curious about PZL KWEC-2 TE compensators

On Thursday, February 4, 2021 at 9:07:31 AM UTC-5, wrote:
I’ve seen these described as an option where you don‘t want to share the TE probe between two varios. However, I can’t find details on them. I’m just curious about how they work (the theory) and how they are plumbed? I know most would use TE probe for one vario and electronic compensation for the other but that’s not an option when using a SN10b. I’m thinking it might be better to use the probe for the 10b alone and the KWEC for the mechanical vario rather than splitting the probe between the two or leaving the mechanical uncompensated.

Most pilots are unlikely to notice the affect of this cross talk.
A practical, though technically imperfect, way of reducing this is to run TE lines from both instruments as far back as possible, normally at least to the rear part of the seat area, and joining with a tee there. This can reduce the cross talk quite a bit.
FWIW
UH