Old June 22nd 17, 01:07 PM
Walt Connelly Walt Connelly is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
Walt, I understand your desire to help here, but I don't feel this is the way to help. At our club we have 3 towplanes, 2 with tost releases, and one with a Schweizer. Why not all 3, THE FAA! It would be a piece of cake to come up with an appropriate mount for a tost hook on our L-19, but the FAA makes it difficult. As others have suggested, working to make the installation of the tost hook easier, rather than trying to make it harder to use a Schweizer release, would be far more useful. It would require more effort than a letter, but would be very benifisal to the community.

Please consider an alternative course of action.

RR
RR,

The reason my letter (originally a scathing report which I have been told by a college expository writing/English composition teacher was much too long to keep the attention of the average government employee) hasn't gone in is my desire to impact the soaring public as little as possible. Believe me, had I wanted to be an ALPHA HOTEL I could have easily done so. I am not an A&P, I would think that those who are and who frequent the glider world would have a much better chance of working to make the Tost hook installation easier.

Walt