Old May 12th 21, 04:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Johnson

Default What is your headset experience and solution?

So, I'm pretty sure now that I want to end up with a headset solution like the Clarity or Halo. But, of course, the season just kicked off so I'll probably try to get the earbud solution going quick and dirty for now. Headset is likely an off-season project.

Thanks a bunch everyone - this has really helped.

JJ

On Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 11:17:42 PM UTC-7, Airport Bum wrote:
I fly an ASH-26E self launcher, and use a Clarity Aloft., I love it! Much better capability to interpret radio calls now, comfort is fine, adequate noise suppression for the lawn mower engine. I do have the speaker and the boom mic remaining active, for backup and for pre-launch/post-flight comm. I will never go back to my pre-headset days....