Old January 10th 07, 02:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
David Kazdan

Default Gone West...

She's Catherine Cavagnaro, chairman of the math department at the
University of the South, Sewanee, Tennessee (the university owns the
airport and the rest of the town).

Kershner's only affiliation with University of Iowa was that their press
published his books until recently.

My wife and I took ground school from him early October and flew with
Catherine. It was a terrific experience. Kershner had stopped in-air
instruction a few months earlier and was ill, but he did a fine job with
the classroom instruction. It was a great pleasure working with him and
getting to know him a little. Catherine takes the flying and
instructing very seriously and I'm sure that she will indeed take the
torch from her mentor and carry it forward.

David

Dudley Henriques wrote:
She probably teaches at Iowa State.
Dudley Henriques

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
Dudley Henriques wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message

I own at least one copy of each of Bill's books. Bill brought a very
useful
and valuable point of view and methodology to instructing. Many students
"need" numbers, their minds require the numerics and physics behind the
maneuver before they understand and accept the maneuver. Bill provided
this. I for one am and forever will be indebted to him for this alone.
Jim

I agree.
Bill's books made it possible for instructors to couple technical
information with creative teaching to present that information on levels
all students could understand.
His input to aviation will long be remembered by those of us who
benefited from his contribution.
Dudley Henriques

The good thing is that I recall reading an article recently about a woman
who was teaching along-side Bill and it sounded like she might keep things
going where he left off. I can't now remember where I read this, but it
seems like she was a college professor or some such, but was teaching
flying on the side. It sure would be nice for someone to carry on what he
started.

Matt