Old April 14th 09, 01:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

Default Maiden flight of the Arcus

On Apr 13, 4:14*pm, Andreas Maurer wrote:
On 13 Apr 2009 08:15:03 GMT, Nick Olson
wrote:

Wonder if Schleicher will ever be motivated to produce a 20m two seater?

Shall we bet that they are earning lots of real good money with
ASK-21's?

And I'll bet they are losing a lot of good money from people who do
initial training in an ASK-21 then end up in a Duo Discus or DG-1000S
and then maybe find their way back to a Schleicher single seater. If I
was Schleicher I'd be wanting to not give students/new pilots such a
chance to sample competing vendors products. But they can only do so
much and the ASH-25, ASH-26E, ASW-27, ASG-29, were not exactly
failures in the market.

Darryl