Old April 14th 09, 02:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Hoult

Default Maiden flight of the Arcus

On Apr 14, 11:14*am, Andreas Maurer wrote:
On 13 Apr 2009 08:15:03 GMT, Nick Olson
wrote:

Wonder if Schleicher will ever be motivated to produce a 20m two seater?

Shall we bet that they are earning lots of real good money with
ASK-21's?

Are they still?

Our club wanted to replace our pair of aging Grob Twin Astir's (the
original, retractable one) several years ago. We looked at the ASK-21
but the DG1000 Club was near enough to the same price and also like
the ASK-21 unlimited aerobatics and suitable for basic training, but
with 20 years newer technology, low 40's L/D rather than mid 30's
(upgradable to 20m and mid-40's L/D if we ever wish to). And, unlike
the ASK-21, they spin like real gliders.

We've had two season's of students now do their first solos in the
DG1000's. I believe everyone is very happy and they are everything we
hoped for.