Old March 21st 19, 05:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Flarm suppression of ADS-B out on Tow Planes

Thread drift warning I installed a Skybeacon on our 170B. It has a tow hook but with only the 0-300 in it we dont tow with it. I primarily use it for weekly commute to my property about 100 miles away.

It was by far the simplest install and the only cost is the 337 paperwork, and a friend IA did that for me. We arent planning on flying in controlled airspace or out of the country so couldn't justify the higher expense of 1080es and replacing the AT150 transponder. I know of many that have and are going the skybeacon route.

CH