Old December 12th 03, 02:20 AM
James R. Freeman

Bearhawk best bang per buck

"Tilt" wrote in message
news:Of2Cb.663673$pl3.69462@pd7tw3no...
Hi,

I'm looking to get into a homebuilt project within a few years from now.
I've been doing some early research to see what's out there and look at
options.

I haven't come close to picking a final subject as my project yet, but I
have some pretty good ideas of what I want. So far the aircraft that
interests me the most is a Jabiru J450. I'm sort of looking for a

high-wing
4 place type plane. I want something with a bit of performance (able to
reach around 150 knots or higher), and some VERY light aerobatics. Now I
already understand that the Jabiru doesn't quite go fast enough for my
needs, but it gives you an idea of what I'm looking for.

As far as money goes, I don't want to break the bank, but I don't want to
cheap it out. I may have others go in on this project with me. I know I
don't really want to spend much more than around $75,000 (Canadian). It's
hard to think of cost figures this early.

So can anyone point me in the direction of some good quality (proven)
aircraft projects that I can research further? As long as they (somewhat)
follow the above criteria.

Thanks,
Lyle
(Alberta, Canada)