Old December 12th 03, 02:47 AM
Tilt

Well, you're right about the beauty factor!!

The four seater even looks...um...less...beautiful!!

Couldn't really find anywhere on the site that talks about costs. And I
think I'd rather build from a specific kit. However, I will keep it on the
list (for research sake). It does fit the other requirements I was looking
for.

Thanks,
Lyle

"Bryan" wrote in message
Hi Lyle,

" I'm sort of looking for a high-wing 4 place type plane. I want

something
with a bit of performance (able to reach around 150 knots or higher), and
some VERY light aerobatics."

A very good match for your criteria is the BD-4 designed by Jim Bede back

in
the 60's. While not a true 4 place by original design, a proven
modification to extend the fuselage does make it a true 4 place. The BD-4
meets and exceeds the performance you are looking for. Mind you, it is

not
a beautiful plane with sleek rounded lines, rather it has a boxy fuselage.
This plane can give about the best bang for the buck and has a proven

record
with hundreds built and flying.

Check it out at http://bd-4.org/

Bryan

"Tilt" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm looking to get into a homebuilt project within a few years from now.
I've been doing some early research to see what's out there and look at
options.

I haven't come close to picking a final subject as my project yet, but I
have some pretty good ideas of what I want. So far the aircraft that
interests me the most is a Jabiru J450. I'm sort of looking for a

high-wing
4 place type plane. I want something with a bit of performance (able to
reach around 150 knots or higher), and some VERY light aerobatics. Now I
already understand that the Jabiru doesn't quite go fast enough for my
needs, but it gives you an idea of what I'm looking for.