Old December 23rd 04, 10:43 PM
william cogswell

AHHHHH good 'ole VC/VFC-12 i was a plane captian and avionic's tech from '85
to '88 ISTR our pilots could generally get a win in 1v1 esp. if flying the
A-4F's we had tho they really didnt like flying againest S-3's of all things
as they put it "they could turn inside their own a**holes esp down low
"Elmshoot" wrote in message
Hoops Stewart, my main IUT instructor,
in
a TA-4(P-6 engine), with Tumor(our RIO) in the trunk.

I know the Traning command put some more restrictions on us like no Flaps
during the fight, so it was far game to throw them out in the fleet?
Also I remember that NATOPS prohibited aero braking after landing but when
got to VC-12 OMARS it was considered normal to Aero Brake after touchdown
I was
shocked the first time it happened. It was my first experience flying a
MAX
weight A-4 as well. Two full drops and an RMK-31 tow reel pod on the
centerline. The brief was if anything happened to the engine below 1000'
automatic eject. Up to 5K you get one attempt to figure out and do
something
then step out. What a PIG!!!
Sparky