Old November 6th 03, 05:47 PM
Peter Gottlieb

wrote in message
rg...
On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, Doug wrote:

Maybe customers wouldn't love them as much if they knew how much they add
to the cost of their purchase. Credit card sales cost merchants a lot
more than most people realize. Of course, that comes out of the
merchant's pocket... but where do you think the merchant's money comes
from? All in all, cash is a much better deal for both customer &
merchant; the only ones who win when a credit card is used are those in
the business of issuing credit cards or processing transactions.

On significant purchases where I am going to use a credit card I ask if cash
would be preferrable and in 99.9% of the cases merchants say they prefer the
card.