Old February 16th 08, 10:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default Minimum rates of climb/descent for VFR

Dallas wrote in
:

On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 17:20:05 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Yeah, hey didn't work too well. I think both crashed.

Three of five Bede BD-10s crashed.

N2BD: original prototype, owned by Fuel Fresh in Nevada, unflyable
N9WZ: Peregrine's kit, crashed
N62PJ: Peregrine's kit, crashed
N700JP: Jim Priebe's kit, sold to Monitor Jet, now privately owned in
Canada, unflyable
N7FF: Frank Everett's kit, crashed

I'm sorry, but I think ya gotta be nuts to jump into a prototype GA
jet and become an amateur test pilot. I'll bet the families of the
dead pilots agree with me.

"The second kit-built aircraft, N7FF, broke up in mid-air off the
southern coast of California in 2003 after the pilot had radioed a
MAYDAY call in which he stated that the aircraft "was disintegrating".

Ah, OK. I didn't know that any kits had been sold, let alone finished. I
thought the accidents testing had killed it completely. Well, the remaining
two don't fly, so I guess it did!

Bertie