Old February 29th 04, 04:52 PM
Blanche

Jay Honeck wrote:
I like the velcro idea, but I worry about it being too loose.

Does the leather ever rotate on you?

I didn't measure the yoke handles properly and the velcro isn't
as exactly sewn on as I'd like (that will be fixed with the
next version) so once in a while, yes, it rotates a little. But
because it's conformed to the yoke by now, it's not
a problem. I used the "stick on" velcro to position and check
on the yoke, then used a professional sewing machine (leather,
suede, shoes) to sew it on permanently. Unfortunately I
didn't think about the suede stretching. Next version.

I just measured the "unused" set and the distance between
the velcro edges is 2.8 in. For the next version I think
I'll make it 2.5 to 2.6 inches and have 2 people involved.
One to hold the yoke so it doesn't move and one to wrap
the yoke.

Come to think of it, even wrapping with the thong, you'll
probably need 2 people.

My big problem right now is the flap
handle! The rubber "grab" handle isn't glued/attached properly
and *that* often rotates!

The advantage of the suede scraps is that it's really the
prototype for whatever you want to do. Cheap, easy, and you can
adjust, play, etc until you get it exactly the way you want.
Then if you prefer leather, the pattern is ready to go.

Personally I like the suede better. It's a bit thicker than
leather, slightly rougher so your hand doesn't slip when you
start to sweat.