Old March 7th 04, 02:47 AM
Ron Wanttaja

On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 02:15:39 GMT, "Gerry Caron" wrote:

"Ron Wanttaja" wrote in message
news

I figure the foil isn't worthwhile as a permanent solution. A guy at the
airport suggested using aluminum window-screen material. It appeals to

the
cheap side of me. Any drawbacks, or suggestions for alternates?

Use what the pros use -- copper tape. Call friendly neighborhood EMI
engineer or go to McMaster-Carr; www.mcmaster.com. Search for "copper
tape".

The trouble is, to shield everything, I need to completely wrap around the
back end of the radio. It's 3.375" per side, so I'd need copper tape about
16" wide, and about the same dimension long to have some overlap on the
back of the radio and still go along the wiring harness a bit."
McMaster-Carr's got copper tape 50 feet wide, but it's only 3" long. :-)

I see M/C's got some nice copper mesh sheet. It probably would work
nicely, but they want $700 for a 11" square sheet....and I'd need two of
them. I bought a 36" square sheet of aluminum window screening for $5.
I'm hoping it'll work....

Ron Wanttaja