Old May 6th 09, 03:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob

Default Beginner questions about buying a sailplane...

On May 6, 4:15*pm, Jim Beckman wrote:
At 14:39 05 May 2009, vic20owner wrote:

I regularly see older planes in the $10K USD range (which is well
within my price range). *

When you say that range, do you mean 10 to 20 Kbucks? *If so, then you've
got a lot to choose from. *If you really mean around $10K, then what are
you actually seeing out there in the market for that amount? *Probably old
wooden gliders (nothing wrong with wood), the Schreder homebuilts, and the
1-26.

I'm assuming this is happening in the US. *

Even if you are in the US don't discount planes from Europe! The
shipping cost are relatively inexpensive and the number of glass ships
in the 7-10000 € (10-13000$) range is wide. Look at

http://www.segelflug.de/cgi-bin/clas...e+Clubkl asse

If you buy a German registered ship it is still in conformance i.e. no
"Experimental" registration here.

Just a thought and I am sure some will balst this advice but I
married, I can take being blasted!

Bob