Old September 24th 12, 10:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Greg Arnold

Default Which sustainer system would you chose for your sailplane?

On 9/24/2012 1:57 PM, waremark wrote:
On Monday, September 24, 2012 8:51:33 AM UTC+1, wrote:
Luka, I don't see why you cannot give at least a large part of the
information which I or Eric requested. By all means use manufacturer
quoted information for the rival products. I must say if I was in the
market for a sustainer I would be looking for such information. I have
worked out from the FES website that for the FES system you claim 45
kg weight, no increase in drag (can that really be true? - many people
would find that really important), 5,000 foot of climb, and 3 knots
rate of climb. The only new 15m plus glider available with the system
is the LAK 17 15/18, but you say the system is technically suitable
for retro-fitting to a wide range of gliders. Have I got all that right?

Even if Luka doesn't put info about his competition on his webpage, it
would help if he could at least put info about his own product in an
easily read and easily found table.

Or get Paul Remde on board as his US representative!