Old March 2nd 18, 01:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

Default Roof Rack for bikes on a cobra clamshell top?

On Thursday, March 1, 2018 at 10:56:26 AM UTC-5, Tim Taylor wrote:
I saw a rear hitch reciever installed on the side of a trailer in front of the wheels so you can then use one on of the hitch racks and carry the bike along the side of the trailer. Less drag and no holes in the top.

Tim - beat me to it! :-)
I saw a trailer with some uni-strut rails mounted sideways underneath in front of the axle. These protruded out just far enough to mount a std. roof bike rack. Seemed very sturdy with less drag than the top mounted solutions and certainly easier to get to than suggested racks mounted to the trailer roof. I have a metal roof Cobra trailer for a two-seat glider and would need an extension ladder to get up there!
Uli
'AS'