Old September 7th 18, 04:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

Default Too many accidents

On Thursday, September 6, 2018 at 10:11:09 AM UTC-4, wrote:
The irony is there is a well known and recognized, fundamental reason for glider (all aviation) accidents.

And that is, a demonstrable lack of knowledge.

Bring forth the data Tom. Show us how this is a proximate factor in some significant fraction of gliding accidents. I'm skeptical. Clearly I'm not alone.

My experience informs me that more significant factors are complacency, (failure to maintain) situational awareness & risk taking.

best,
Evan Ludeman