Old March 22nd 08, 11:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Mike Isaksen

Default Just Bought A Plane? STAY OUT OF FLORIDA !

"John Ammeter" wrote ...
It's a stretch to say that if you visit Florida you're going to get nailed
for this tax. But, given where this item showed up and
the author of it, I'm not surprised. Reading the article I'm not
surprised to find his normal Sun and Fun bashing...

Yup,... I read this article at ANN a few days back and was saddened to think
the old Capt Zoom is Back.

I had become a fan Jim Campbell's latest effort with Aero-News Net. I
visited it several times a week, even beginning to prefer it to AvWeb as a
timely info source. I even went over and shook Jim's hand at Hartford AOPA
Expo (where I saw him with camera crew in tow), to wish him success with his
new Aero TV Video Network. I thought his video coverage at AirVenture was
excellent.

Unfortunately this Florida Tax article shows his backslide into the nasty
side of his Capt Zoom alter ego, where he displays no hesitancy to use his
media network against his perceived enemies. I can only assume that shortly
before Jim penned that article he had again been denied Media Credentialed
Access to Sun-n-Fun. No doubt a harsh reminder of his "ban for life".