Old June 16th 04, 08:00 PM
Guy Alcala

Krztalizer wrote:

Bottom line, in our running discussion, I now find your argument compelling.
I was incorrect.

Psst, John....Uhhh, this is RAM - all arguments / disagreements are required to
last indefinitely, with neither side budging an inch. You're breaking ALL the
rules!

Shouldn't we cut a corner off his membership card for committing such a flagrant
violation of protocol? ;-)

Getting back to Pete's point, was the MiG-17's top level speed altitude (usually
given as 13,000 feet) likely because of engine temp limits at lower altitude plus
the use of A/B up higher, or for the reasons you mention in this thread? The other
swept-wing subsonics sans A/B all seem to be fastest on the deck. I wonder if the
F-86D/K/L Sabre's top speed graph was similar to the MiG-17's, owing to the A/B --
Walt? I think the only F-86 graphs I have are for navy Furies and the F-86H.

Guy