Old September 1st 05, 07:19 PM

Denny wrote:
: Burning mogas for years means I have basically forgotten what it's like
: to have a fouled plug and so I sit there on the ramp quivering like a
: student pilot with his first failed runup... The reminder was not
: enjoyable... I'm going to order a new set of plugs as these have 500
: hours and my mechanic has been grumbling... I'm toying with the idea of
: fine wire plugs, but they are 3 times the cost of massive electrodes...
: Gotta make a decision... Jeez I hate that....

To my mind, fine-wire plugs have to run pretty hot to keep from fouling, and
that means they have small, hot, pointy parts to them when running. I opted not to go
for them on my 180hp Lycoming I run mogas in for fear of preignition. If you run a
low-compression engine, it's probably not any cause for concern.

Just food for though, though...

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss *