Old November 5th 04, 07:04 PM
Tyler

tom418 wrote:

David: Although the manufacturer "doesn't support" the battery pack, it can
possibly be fixed.

If you open it up, you may find several smaller rechargeable cells which
CAN be replaced, if one is handy with a soldering iron. These rechargeable
cells are very similar to the batteries found in electric shavers. Radio
Shack (and other) electronics distributors usually sell these. I recently
replaced mine in an older Ten Tec TT-920 hand-held that I use. HTH

Do NOT use Radio Shack NiCd batteries unless they are the "Heavy Duty" type. The
"regular" batteries are small capacity.

Also, do not solder to a NiCd battery unless it already has the solder tabs welded on. You'll
ruin the battery.

I highly recommend Batteries America. I've always had good service from them and their
batteries are reliable. They specialize in batteries and have good prices