Old October 7th 03, 10:39 PM
Martin Gregorie

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 11:57:17 +0100, Bill Gribble
wrote:

For that matter, can anybody recommend a good book for an absolute
rookie pilot? I appreciate that reading about it isn't going to replace
time in the cockpit, but it might keep me sane during the long days that
fall between weekends!

Derek Piggott: Beginning Gliding

and then, when you're near solo standard you probably need

Derek Piggott: Gliding
Tom Bradbury: Meteorology for Pilots

All these are available from the BGA and can be ordered online.
Finally, a recommendation for a weather website:

www.weatherjack.co.uk

The 'gliding' page is now in standby mode for the winter, but there's
lots of useful and interesting links on Jack's 'weather' page.

--
martin@ : Martin Gregorie
gregorie : Harlow, UK