Old October 7th 03, 11:17 PM
Mike Borgelt

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 11:57:17 +0100, Bill Gribble
wrote:

According to my wife and my work schedule, I'm now grounded until
Sunday, which has me climbing up the walls ...

That aside, this could be a daft newbie question ...

Does anybody know of any decent sites (or, at a push, books) that
illustrate the various different types/makes/models of glider that are
out there? Anything to help me recognise what I'm looking at, or picture
what people are discussing?

For that matter, can anybody recommend a good book for an absolute
rookie pilot? I appreciate that reading about it isn't going to replace
time in the cockpit, but it might keep me sane during the long days that
fall between weekends!

Try Helmut Reichmann's books. He has one for beginners and one for
cross country pilots.

Sounds like you've got it bad. Considered moving to Australia where
the weather is better?

Mike Borgelt