Old February 11th 04, 04:03 AM
Mark James Boyd

In article ,
Judy Ruprecht wrote:
At 19:42 10 February 2004, Mark James Boyd wrote:
Interesting article. Too bad (for US pilots) it uses
the 'despised in the US' rotax engine. But this is
a real favorite in Europe, I'm told.

Please note Dick Johnson's article was NOT about the
HK36R Super Dimona, which was issued US Type Certificate
G51EU in July, 1993 and is powered by an 80-hp Rotax
912a.

Dick's article regards a look-alike cousin, issued
US type certificate G07CE in 1997 as an HK36TTC. This
model is powered by a 115-hp turbocharged Rotax 914
F series engine.

Judy

Well, the index in the front of Soaring said:

19 A Flight Test Evaluation of the HK36TTC Super Dimona Motorglider.

and Dean Carswell's page 25 article starts:

"The Diamond Aircraft HK 36TTC Katana Xtreme (marketed in some
parts of the world as the Super Dimona) is a..."

I was unaware there would be any ambiguity (I didn't know
about the other Super Dimona) and thank Judy
for pointing this out.