Old February 11th 04, 06:57 AM
Eric Greenwell

Mark James Boyd wrote:
In article , Rod wrote:

Why is the Rotax despised in the U.S.?

Regards,
Rod

Ooops...politically correct...

Ummm..."some mechanics in the US are less familiar with
Rotax than the more commonly found Continental and Lycoming
engines popular in many US aircraft"

Or the translation (some mechanic terms may be mungled for
less clarit):

"What are you thinking bringing me this f****r to work on?
I don' have any G*****n parts for it and it'll take six
years and postage from Alaska just to get the m***********g
manual. You couldn't just put in a gool Ol' Cub engine?
This piece of s**t is designed by some b*********g
Swiss watchmaker..."

"Despised by mechanics" is quite different from "despised in the US".
Rotaxes are used on gliders like the Stemme and Ximango, and by zillions
of ultralights and amateur built airplanes. Are you sure parts are hard
to get? I've seen thick catalogs for Rotax parts in the US, and a
thousands of hits for "rotax engine parts" on the web, plus repair
station listings.

--
-----
change "netto" to "net" to email me directly

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA