Old April 29th 05, 04:01 PM
Matt Barrow

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" wrote in message
.com...
Matt Barrow wrote:
Here's just a few:
1) Poor fuel planning and continuing on with low fuel from Michigan

side.
2) Water crossing
3) No floatation devices

If he had pants on, he had floatation gear. Get someone to show you how

to knot
the legs, then inflate the pants by swinging it over your head from above

and
behind you to in front of you in one swift movement. The trapped air will

then
hold you up for quite a while like water wings.... and they can always be
reinflated ad nauseum.

His biggest risk was hypothermia. If he'd only had a light.... I always

carry
a waterproof light with me in my car and when I fly. Always.

He was an expert swimmer and it took the search boat how long to reach the
area? In 32 degree water he would have lasted only 30 minutes at best; they
would have found his corpse. As he was very lean, he might have had even
less time.

Has anyone ever seen a small inflatable raft (2-4 person) that would be
small enough to carry onboard an aircraft? I figure it would keep you out of
the water.