Old June 21st 04, 07:26 PM
Bill Daniels

"Steve Hopkins" k wrote in
message ...
Do the standard medical insurance policies in the
USA cover medical problems arising from gliding or
powered flying? Cosidering the benefits of emmigrating
to the colonies! Would appreciate contact details for
the major health insurers.
What general insurance policies are available to cover
pilots against 3rd party injury whilst flying club
aircraft? Is this covered by membership to the local
club or the SSA?

I have never seen a US health insurance policy exclude flying of any kind.
Maybe some do, but I haven't heard of it. No soaring organization provides
health insurance that I know of.

The real problem is getting adequate health insurance of any sort. The US
health care system is in a crisis. Most Americans are provided a minimum
level of health insurance as a employment benefit. If you get sick too
often, your employer may find an unrelated reason to fire you so health
insurance is lost. Major care private health insurance policies have
premiums that only wealthier citizens can afford.

Yes, I have had friends die of "poverty" or the inability to purchase life
saving treatment. That's becoming more common than most Americans know.

Bill Daniels