Old April 27th 06, 07:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Avgas Where is the ceiling?

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 11:31:20 -0500, "Gig 601XL Builder"
wrDOTgiaconaATcox.net wrote:

"Bela P. Havasreti" wrote in message

I must be bringing up the "bottom end" of the scale for the
average... grins

I've never purchased a new car (started driving in 1979).

My newest automobile is an '81 model.

My daily driver is a '74 model.

Haven't had to make a car payment in 20+ years.

I do tend to "drive the wheels off of them" (parked one with frame rot
that was still running strong with 235,000 miles on it).

Bela P. Havasreti

You do realize Bela that you are single-handedly destroying the economy of
the USA.

I'll allow as how I haven't been doing the automobile industry any
favors grins but nearly every cent that I haven't spent on fancy new
cars and car gas (for giant SUVs that get 12mpg) has gone into
airplanes, airplane parts & avgas!

Bela P. Havasreti