Old September 1st 06, 04:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_1_]

Default Collision Avoidance and ATC

Bubba wrote:
A glider pilot with a transponder might have
the false impression that someone is providing separation services for
them.

Would you accept "partly false"? Aircraft with TCAS are providing
separation services for them, as are most of the aircraft using flight
following and those with TPAS units. I don't know any glider pilots that
think ALL other aircraft are being separated from them, because they
realize a lot of the "Cessna" drivers aren't in contact with ATC, and
know for sure the other gliders aren't.

Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA

www.motorglider.org - Download "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane
Operation"