Old January 15th 07, 07:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Douglas Paterson

Default Cherokee 235 vs Trinidad vs Comanche

"dave" wrote in message
. ..
I just bought a plane that's not on your short list but two pieces of
advice if I may. One - find a plane with the avionics you want. After
searching for many months and looking at airplanes, I found that what
others had told me is true. The lowest return by far on any improvement
you make in an airplane is in the avionics. I don't know why but it is.
I got a Garmin 430, garmin audio panel, Stec 50 with alt hold and GPSS
roll steering, Sandel 3308, KX155 and some other goodies. BTW - the
Sandel 3308 is fantastic.

Two - join the type clubs of any airplane your serious about buying. I
joined the mooney group, the bonanza group and the cessna group. I don't
know if there's a Socata organization but they have an active website at
socota.org.

Thanks, Dave. I'm in full agreement on both points!

--
Doug
"Where am I to go/Now that I've gone too far?" -- Golden Earring, "Twilight